Try This Exercise Ball Workout For A Bit Of Fun!
If you're looking to switch up your workout a little, an exercise ball workout is a great way to do it.
Although this wouldn't be the type of workout you would stay with consistently, it's a great way to give your muscles a new type of stimulus to work with.
This type of workout will give your core and stabilizer muscles a great workout because you will be needing to constantly balance yourself. Did I mention it's great for your overall balance as well?
This exercise ball workout will challenge even a person with an advanced fitness level if they've never worked on balancing or coordination with their muscles.
A Quick 10 Minutes Exercise Ball Workout Example
Try to do this exercise ball workout in 1 non-stop action. Don't take breaks in between exercises. Doing this will give you much better balance, coordination, and build up your stabilizer muscles which will make you stronger in all other lifts.
- Start off by doing an exercise ball back bridge, to give yourself a good stretch. To do this simply lie on your back on the ball and lean backwards as far as you can without losing your balance. Hold the position for a few seconds to give your back a good stretch.
- Next up is the lunge. To do this, place the top of 1 foot on the top of the ball. Do this so you're standing in front of the ball, not on the side. Then bend your knees and do a lunge with the other leg, and try to keep your knees from going past your feet. You can even put the tip of your toes on the ball to make it even more challenging.
- From here you'll go on to the pushup. You can do this either with your feet on top of the ball (an elevated pushup) or with your hands on the top-sides of the ball and your feet on the floor (an inclined pushup). Then just do pushups!
- Next up is the back extension. To do this, lay your hips on top of the ball, your face towards the floor. Bring your hands to the back of your head. At this point your elbows should almost be touching the floor. Make sure your toes are planted on the floor so you don't slip forward. Now, slowly raise your chest off the ball and into the air while keeping your back, neck, and head in alignment.
- Now comes the hip extension. Lie on the floor on your back with your feet on top of the exercise ball. With your legs still resting on the ball, extend your hips towards the ceiling. Hold the position for a second or 2 and lower.
- Last in this exercise ball workout is for your abdominals. Lie on the floor on your back and put the ball in between your feet (towards the bottom of the ball). Lift your legs and the ball in the air as high as possible, slowly. Lower the ball and repeat.
You can do this routine twice straight through in 10-15 minutes. It's a great 1 to do for a week straight or so every once in awhile just to shock your muscles into doing things they aren't used to. This would be a good workout to put in your routine as you're transitioning from one routine to a different one.
Related Articles :
Exercise Ball Chair
The Bean Exercise